- The Sports Reporters - Episode 404 - Anxiety In Sports. Aaron Rodgers Just Wants Input! NBA Draft. MLB Trade Deadlineby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on July 29, 2021 at 7:00 pm
USA star gymnast, Simone Biles, brings the mental health and anxiety associated with competing on the world stage into focus. Was it the right call for her to step aside for the team and all around events? Discussing the pressure these young athletes face. Plus, Aaron Rodgers shows up to Packers training camp and surprises us all with an articulate explanation of what's been going on! Who could disagree with him? The NBA Draft is tonight... Names to keep an eye on. Any trades going to happen on draft night? The MLB trade deadline is fast approaching and the guys discuss.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 403 - American Favorites Feeling the Pressure at the Tokyo Olympics. NFL Covid Forfeitby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on July 26, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Olympic updates and observations. Why the NFL is not playing around this year when it comes to Covid-19. And the Cleveland Indians officially change their name to the Cleveland Guardians... Is this the beginning of the end for Native American team names?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 402 - Milwaukee Bucks NBA Champs! Giannis' Game for the Ages. SEC Breakaway?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on July 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Giannis Antetokounmpo scores 50 points in an NBA Finals Game 6 masterpiece! Leading the Milwaukee Bucks to their first title in 50 years. The guys discuss all the historical context and put it all into perspective. Is the SEC eyeing its own championship game? What to make of the possibility of Oklahoma and Texas joining the already stacked SEC. Dodgers-Giants renew their rivalry... Do the Dodgers have a closer issue? The Red Sox continue to play outstanding baseball. What did we miss on them at the beginning of the season? And the Olympic opening ceremonies are set to take place with no fans in attendance. Will they be able to get through the games without interruption?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 401 - The Open Championship. Next Star in Golf? Bucks One Win Away. Olympicsby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on July 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Collin Morikawa wins the Open Championship in a very old fashioned way. Are we watching the beginning of the next star in golf? Why his style of play is a breath of fresh air. Jordan Spieth is kicking himself for some bad putts in the 3rd round. Jon Rahm will always be in contention. And poor Louis. Plus, the Milwaukee Bucks take a crucial game 5 and are now one win away from an NBA title. Are they ready to take the next step and win it all? Can the Suns rally? And Covid-19 is already impacting the Olympics. How will this play out in Tokyo? Are the Olympics still important?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 400 - NBA Finals Game 4 Block! British Open. Least Anticipated Olympics Ever?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on July 15, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The NBA Finals are all tied up at 2 games a piece and we are set for a wild finish. The guys discuss Giannis' epic block in Game 4. Khris Middleton's clutch shooting. Devin Booker comes up big in points but should he of fouled out? Is Chris Paul wearing down? And who's in control of the series? Plus, The Open Championship is underway across the pond at The Royal St. George's Golf Club. Who you got? Can Jordan Spieth find a way to win or will Louis Oosthuizen come through? And are these the least anticipated Olympics we've had? Discussing Sha'carri Richardson punishment. USA Basketball in trouble?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 399 - Bucks Back In Finals Behind Giannis' Big Game. UEFA Euro 2020 Final. Wimbledon Finalby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on July 12, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The NBA Finals are heating up as the Bucks take a critical Game 3 at home. Who steps up to play Robin to Giannis' Batman? Where did Devin Booker go for the Suns?And why we're still looking for that "one moment" in the NBA Finals. Plus, the guys discuss the UEFA Euro 2020 Final between Italy and England. And Novak Djokovic wins Wimbledon proving he is the most complete champion. Discussing his place among the tennis greats.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 398 - NBA Finals Preview. MLB Midway Point Analysis. Federer's Remarkable Runby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on July 6, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Robert Wuhl is in for Mitch and Bob and he and Mike Lupica have a full show for you! The NBA Finals are set to tip-off between two teams that don't have much Finals experience. Does this series between the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns have the makings of a classic? Will Giannis take the court at all? Can CP3 finally win a championship? Who do you like for the MVP of the series? There are some interesting MLB divisional races shaping up as the sport heads into the All-Star break. It's amazing how fast MLB cleaned up the sticky stuff. And the Trevor Bauer situation continues to get uglier by the day. What will ultimately happen? Plus, some Wimbledon thoughts. Is Roger Federer the Muhammad Ali of tennis?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 397 - Wuhl on the Mound, NCAA NIL Policy, NBA Playoffs, MLB crazinessby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on July 1, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Welcoming Robert Wuhl to the mound, in for Mitch. The gents talk NCAA's new NIL policy... NBA playoff discussion... Will Hawks Giannis or Bucks Young play tonight? A wild night in MLB involving a crazy game in the Bronx... Stop and frisk policy, is it working? As always, Parting Shots... Wahl asks, can you vote for an MVP who rarely plays?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 396 - NBA Eastern & Western Conference Finals Heating Up. Yankees' Deficiencies. Wimbledonby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on June 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm
It has been a fun, wild and surprising NBA playoffs so far and we can't wait to see what happens the rest of the way! The guys discuss all the latest in the NBA and the conference finals. Plus, the Yankees and the Red Sox are heading in two different directions. We dive into the reasons. And the sweet smell of the Wimbledon grass is upon us! Don't miss the Sports Reports Podcast.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 395 - Atlanta Masterpiece. Milwaukee Coaching Questions. Phoenix Perfection. LA Door Openby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on June 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Trae Young delivers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals sending the Hawks to a 1-0 series lead over the Milwaukee Bucks. Where does Trae's performance rank among the all-time great playoff moments? How does Milwaukee slow him down? Plus, analyzing the Western Conference Finals... Did the Clippers leave the door open for the Suns to take game 2? Why Paul George needs to be more clutch in crunch time. Deandre Ayton is growing up right in front of our eyes. And why is there so much mystery surrounding Chris Paul and why he is out? Plus, have MLB pitchers been scared straight? And the NFL has their first openly gay active player... Has our country turned the page on this issue?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 394 - Game 7 Classics. Young Stars Announce Themselves. Rahm U.S. Open Champby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on June 21, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Say hello to the Atlanta Hawks! They advance to the Eastern Conference Finals where they will meet the Milwaukee Bucks. Why it's about much more than a "super team". A changing of the guard in the NBA as some of the young stars announce themselves to the world. And why the right guy won the U.S. Open.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 393 - Surprising Results in the NBA Playoffs. War of Attrition in Sports. Going Cold Stickumby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on June 17, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Everyone was counting the Los Angeles Clippers out after the Kawhi Leonard injury but Paul George shows up big! Can he continue his hot play and repeat his game 5 performance? Why Utah possibly squandered a golden opportunity. How about those Atlanta Hawks?! They rally from 26 points down to beat the 76ers and take a 3-2 series lead. The Trae Young coming out party continues and just how important is Lou Williams to the Hawks' success? We need to discuss Doc Rivers and theses Sixers... Doc has some history with blown leads. Why hasn't Ben Simmons developed a better shooting form? And is Joel Embiid wearing down? Kevin Durant put on a playoff performance for the ages as the Nets are one win away from taking care of Milwaukee. How questionable coaching decisions are hurting the Bucks. And why it's time for Giannis to make a statement like KD did. MLB is not messing around with their crackdown on the "sticky stuff". Was it the right call to do this mid-year? Golf's US Open gets underway... Can Phil strike again?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 392 - NBA Playoff Equilibrium Shifts on Health. Novak Djokovic's Place in Historyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on June 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The Nets' Kyrie Irving suffers an injury leaving Kevin Durant to shoulder the load. Are the Nets in danger of being bounced from the playoffs by a hungry Bucks team? Who will step up and score? Why health continues to be a major story in these playoffs. Why is Giannis Antetokounmpo so criticized? His time to shine is now. Chris Paul and the Phoenix Suns are heading to the Western Conference Finals! Can the Suns win it all? Plus, Novak Djokovic is closing in on history. Discussing how he erased a two-set deficit to win the French Open. Is he the greatest tennis player of all time?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 391 - NBA Playoff Contenders. MLB Sticky Stuff - Fair or Foul? Potential Michigan Scandalby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on June 10, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Chris Paul of the Phoenix Suns is playing some inspired basketball and it's great to see the veteran shine during the playoffs. How the Suns are destroying the Nuggets. You know it's bad for Denver when the head coach says the team quit! Donovan Mitchell only seems to be talked about when the Jazz go on a playoff run. Why it's trick or treat with the Clippers. The Bucks can't hang with the Nets even with out Harden. When will Milwaukee get Giannis a true number 2? How will MLB regulate foreign substances on the baseball? Is it cheating or just pushing the edge? And a potentially devastating scandal is looming at the University of Michigan. What did former football coach, Bo Schembechler, know about inappropriate touching between a team doctor and players? If this turns out to be true... does he get the Joe Paterno treatment?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 390 - Kawhi/Clippers Come Up Clutch. NBA Playoffs Head to 2nd Round. Rahm Pulled for Covidby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on June 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The Clippers and Mavericks went the full 7 games but Kawhi and the Clips come up clutch. Ty Lue's coaching job. Does Luka need help? Can the Clippers go on and beat the Jazz? Breaking down the 2nd round matchups. Discussing the Lakers' exit. Will LeBron win another title in his career? Julio Jones is traded from the Falcons to the Titans... Wasn't the price for him higher? Find out what the Titans gave up to get him. Jon Rahm gets informed of a positive Covid-19 test right after finishing the third round at the Memorial... Why it cost him big. And how come the PGA players aren't all vaccinated? If the PGA asks the fans to be... Shouldn't the players be? And where have all the stars gone at the French Open?!
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 389 - Coach K Hanging Up the Whistle. No Containing Luka & Trae! Baffert Suspendedby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on June 3, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Legendary Duke basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski, announces he will retire at the end of next season. Is he the best college basketball coach of all time? The guys discuss his Hall of Fame career. A major landscape shift in Boston as long time GM, Danny Ainge, announces his retirement... Is naming coach Brad Stevens to the position the right call? Who is going to coach the Celtics? And is Stevens really done with coaching at 44? In playoff game action: Luka Doncic and Trae Young just can't be stopped as the Hawks close out the Knicks and the Mavs inch closer to closing out the Clippers. Can the Suns close out the Lakers? Or will LeBron keep the champs alive? And Hall of Fame horse racing trainer, Bob Baffert, receives a two year suspension from Churchill Downs for a second positive drug test on his horse, Medina Spirit... Does this incident challenge his legacy?
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 388 - Awful Fan Incidents Continue. NBA Health Narrative. Osaka Withdraw Ironyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on June 1, 2021 at 7:00 pm
A string of nonsensical fan interactions in the NBA playoffs has taken away from some of the great games being played. How can the league stop it? Why do fans seem so angry at players? And does the media and team marketing feed into it a little? In actual game action... Who poses the greatest threat to the Nets in the East? Can the Lakers battle through injuries? And speaking of health... Has that become the primary narrative in the NBA playoffs? Naomi Osaka officially withdraws from the French Open. The guys discuss the irony in her decision to leave the tennis tournament.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 387 - Ascending Talent in the NBA Playoffs. NFL Enjoying Rodgers Drama? Interview Valueby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on May 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The NBA playoffs are heating up and Madison Square Garden has roared back to life. The guys discuss the first round and look ahead to upcoming games. So much young talent in the league! Ja Morant, Trae Young, Luka Doncic all making playoff memories. Plus, is the NFL enjoying all this Green Bay Packers-Aaron Rodgers drama? It sure keeps the NFL top of mind and gives us plenty to discuss in the off season! But what is the end game in Green Bay? And discussing the value of the press conference and player interview... Naomi Osaka announced she will not do any press over at the French Open citing mental health. Do we need to hear from players as much? All this and much more on the legendary Sports Reporters Podcast!
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 386 - Lefty Out Duals the Youngsters at the PGA Championship. Fandom Springs Back to Lifeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Compass Media Networks) on May 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Phil Mickelson becomes the oldest golfer to win a major, defeating a talented field at the PGA Championship. Bob and Mitch discuss this remarkable accomplishment and debate if Phil could win another major. How the course and mother nature played a role. The mob scene at the 18th that left Brooks Koepka un-happy. And how Lefty's win counters the awfulness of the Tiger Woods accident. Plus, the NBA playoffs kicked off with a bang! How the young stars stole the show. Cause for concern for the Lakers? Can Memphis continue to ride their momentum? A glimpse into what Brooklyn can do with their big 3. And thoughts on having the fans back at these games/events... It sure makes a difference.
- The Sports Reporters - Episode 385 - NBA Play-In Tournament Kicks Off With a Bang! 1st Round Match-Ups Catching Our Eyeby email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) on May 20, 2021 at 7:00 pm
LeBron James hits a deeeeeep 3 pointer in the NBA's Play-In Tournament to clinch the 7 seed in the Western Conference playoffs and we couldn't be more excited! What a fun way to launch into the NBA playoffs. Breaking down all the action. Assessing the Lakers talent. Why the Warriors will be a tough out. Discussing Jayson Tatum's Larry Bird moment. And then the guys get into some of the eye catching match ups in the first round... there are some tasty ones! Plus, its coast-to-coast fun in MLB. How do we account for all these no-hitters? And did Tony La Russa embarrass himself with his unwritten rules issue with his team?